Retail Butcher – Part Time - Tavistock
Eversfield Organic is looking for an energetic and passionate Retail Butcher in our organic grocery farm shop in Tavistock.
The role will be based in our Tavistock Organic Farm shop, where you join a close knit and vibrant team. Initially we are looking for a butcher to join the team on a part time basis with the possibility of increasing hours. The role will require the successful applicant to work Saturdays with time off in the week.
Minimum butchery experience 2 years.
Who are we?
Eversfield Organic delivers fresh fruit & veg, organic meat, fish and poultry, artisan baked goods and creamy Jersey dairy produce, to homes across the UK. We are lucky enough to work on the Bury family farm, where much of our organic beef and lamb is reared, on the outskirts of Dartmoor.
We believe the best food is the result of responsible farming and food production – animal welfare, care for our land and the environment are at the heart of what we do. We are certified organic by the Soil Association and part of the Pasture Fed Livestock Association, showing our dedication to working with nature, not against it.
Our skilled butchery team butcher all our organic meat on the day of dispatch to ensure it is absolutely the freshest it can be. Along with newly picked veg and other fresh produce, our organic meat reaches customers just the following day – you simply can’t get fresher than that!
We work with a wide range of organic artisans and small batch producers in order to showcase the best of the South West and beyond. Our aim is to show that great food is the result of responsible farming, great ingredients and passionate producers.
- Cut, trim, bone, tie, and grind meats, such as beef, pork and poultry, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- High attention to detail in all areas of your work.
- Receiving, inspecting, and storing meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality & quantity.
- Ensure best practice is followed across butchery including compliance with all systems and procedures.
- Ensure a safe, secure and stimulating environment is provided for all.
- To be fully compliant of all legal, health & safety and food hygiene standards and make sure all are fully adhered to at all times.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a hardworking and friendly team player with a 'can do' attitude.
- Have a good understanding and passion for high welfare organic PFLA meat or a willingness to learn quickly.
- Have a competent understanding of all aspects and species of carcass meat.
- Be fully skilled in all aspects of meat prep in a shop/counter situation.
- Have exemplary customer service and focus.
- Have pride in personal appearance.
- Must have all relevant certifications.
- Have a minimum of 2 years butchery experience.
What are the perks:
- Working in a lively, sociable team.
- A free grocery box every month.
- Staff discount on all products.
Please email your CV and Cover Letter to Beth: