Slow cooked to pulled pork -eqsue perfection, our organic pork cheeks are rich and flavoursome, great with a peppery mustard sauce spiked with punchy tarrragon.
Cooking time: 2 hours plus 10 minutes prep
2 organic pork cheeks
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of dried or fresh tarragon leaves
Salt & pepper
1 tsp redcurrant jelly
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan/Gas mark 2 1/2.
- Put a dash of olive oil in a frying pan on high heat, add some salt and pepper. When hot, fry the pork cheek for 30 - 45 seconds on each side and do not move while in the pan so it can begin to caramelise. Turn the heat off.
- Place the cheeks in an oven dish with lid. While the frying pan is still warm, add the onion, cider, wholegrain mustard, redcurrant jelly and tarragon then stir. It should be quite juicy so add a bit more cider here if you think.
- Pour the liquid over the cheeks in the dish, pop the lid on and place in the oven.
- After 45 minutes, flip the cheeks so it all stays juicy, put the lid back on and put back in the oven. Cook for a further hour.
- Take out and flip the cheeks again but leave the lid off this time so it can caramelise. Put back in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes.
- When the meat is soft and falling apart, it is cooked! Serve with some fresh organic veggies and creamy mash for a warming, evening meal.