Easily the tastiest roast potatoes, and never absent from a family roast here at Eversfield. Crispy, golden and incredibly more-ish, you’ll have your guests fighting over the last one.
2kg potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
4 tablespoons goose fat
1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves but not peeled
3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6.
- Spoon the goose fat into a large roasting tin and place in the oven to heat up while the potatoes are par boiled.
- Put the potatoes into a pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Once boiling, simmer for 10 minutes or until soft through.
- Drain well and replace in the pan. Pop the lid on and shake to fluff the edges of the potatoes – great for crispy bits!
- When the fat is smoking hot, carefully add the potatoes, garlic and rosemary and toss to coat in the hot fat.
- Roast for up to an hour, tossing halfway through to make sure the potatoes are well coated in the fat and to cook evenly.
- Roast until crisp and golden all over. Discard the garlic and rosemary and serve.