It may sound a little bizarre, pork and apple with pasta, but our Purchasing Manager, Jack, is a crafty one in the kitchen. This blend of organic pork and fresh mint with a sweet apple and mustard sauce is satisfying and seriously tasty with our Mr Organic tagliatelle pasta. Give it a go!
Cooking time: 1 hour
400g Organic Pork Mince
100g Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs
10g Fresh Mint
2 Teaspoons Wholegrain Mustard
2 Leeks, Diced
2 Eating Apples, Cored and Diced
750ml Chicken Stock
1 Tablespoon Cornflour
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Place the pork mince, breadcrumbs, and 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard in a large mixing bowl. Finely chop the mint and add to the bowl along with the egg. Season with salt and pepper then get stuck in and mix by hand.
- Split into 20 equal sized meatballs and place into an oiled ovenproof dish. Cook for 25 minutes at 200ᵒC, until brown.
- Remove meatballs and keep warm.
- Using the same pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry the leeks and apples for 10 minutes on a medium-high heat.
- Whilst the leeks and apple fry, place the tagliatelle into a pan of boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and stir occasionally. Cook for 9-10 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan of apples and leeks by slowly adding the chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and last teaspoon of mustard. Stir and simmer until leeks are soft. Season to taste.
- Create a paste with the cornflour and water. Add to pan whilst stirring to thicken sauce. Pour in cream and stir.
- Finally, add meatballs to sauce and stir thoroughly to cover every meatball.
- Strain tagliatelle and serve.