Fluffy, soft and golden. Come Shrove Tuesday we dream in pancakes. And between the team we’ve tried out many a recipe with one clear winner… Using our organic thick and tangy Jersey buttermilk, you can’t beat this pancake stack.
Gather friends together and get flipping, for a delicious and organic Pancake Day.
Makes approximately 8 large pancakes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Sieve the flour and rising agents into a large bowl to combine and make a well in the middle.
- Whisk the eggs and buttermilk and pour into the centre well of the flour mix.
- Use a balloon whisk to gradually incorporate the eggs and buttermilk into the flour, this avoids lumps. When combined, add the melted butter or oil and give it a quick whisk.
- Heat a round frying pan or skillet and brush with a little oil.
- When the oil is hot and slightly smoking use a ladle or cup to scoop the batter into the pan. Work in batches to make things easier and to make sure each pancake has room to cook.
- Cook pancakes until they start to bubble on top and the underside is golden and crispy. Use a spatula to flip the pancakes and cook until golden on both sides and springy to the touch.
- Serve with your choice of toppings, even if simply a knob of butter and maple syrup.