This soup is wonderfully warming, nutritious and packed with punchy flavour. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not make or buy wonton wrappers to create your own pork dumplings to poach in the delicious broth?
Cooking time: 30 minutes plus 10 minute prep
Ginger & Spring Onion Meatball Bundle
2 x Chicken Bone Broths
Summer Greens / Pak Choi, finely sliced
Courgette, sliced into thin ribbons
Portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
Red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
Fresh coriander, leaves chopped roughly
2 handful of spinach, roughly chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Peel a thumb sized piece of ginger and finely chopped or grate. Slice the spring onions. In a large mixing bowl combine the pork sausage meat with the most of the ginger and half the spring onion, season well. Use your hands to roll into small meatballs the size of a walnut.
- In a deep saucepan, add the red chilli, remaining ginger and garlic to a little sesame oil and fry for 2 minutes until softened and aromatic.
- Stir in the spring onions, bone broth and soy sauce and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the broth, keeping the level topped up with a little extra water if needed. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through and tender.
- Serve in bowls scattered with the spinach, coriander and toasted sesame seeds.