Serves: 4 people
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking Time: Rare:
2 minutes on each sideMedium Rare:
3-4 minutes on each sideMedium:
5-7 minutes on each side
- 4x 175g/6 oz lean flat iron steaks
For the Oriental marinade:
- 60 ml/ 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 100 ml/3.5 floz medium sherry
- 30 ml/2 tbsp runny honey
- 15 ml/ 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 30 ml/ 2 tbsp prepared minced ginger (available in jars)
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5 ml /half tsp dried chilli flakes
- Freshly milled black pepper
To prepare the marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Place the steaks in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for up to two hours, or overnight if time allows.
Remove the steaks from the marinade (discard the marinade) and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a preheated barbecue according to your preference.
Cover with foil to rest for 5-10 minutes.
Serve the steaks with broccoli and pasta salad.