Cooking time: 15 minutes plus 5 minutes prep
350g dried spaghetti or tagliatelli
100g Roam & Relish Smoked Ham Chunks
80g parmesan cheese, grated
100ml double cream
1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
A little salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, throw in the pasta, stir well to separate the strands and cook on a rolling simmer for 10 minutes or until just cooked and ‘al dente’.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the crushed garlic. Fry for a minute then add the ham chunks, cook for a couple of minutes then lower the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and add about ¾ of the parmesan, double cream and seasoning.
- When the pasta is ready, drain and tip straight into the frying pan with the garlic and ham – a little pasta water is fine here. Retain some of the remaining pasta water for use later.
- Take the frying pan off the heat and pour the egg and cream mixture over the pasta and toss quickly to combine.
- Mix until a thick, creamy sauce forms on the pasta. If it needs loosening a little, add a splosh of pasta water and stir until the desired consistency.
- Serve as soon as it’s ready with the rest of the parmesan and black pepper.
Tip: The heat from the pasta and pan will cook the egg mixture, avoid putting this back on the heat as this may end in scramble!