Cooking time: 25 minutes plus 10 minutes prep and over night marinading
600g boneless turkey meat
200g ground almonds
2 tbsp butter or ghee
2 onions, sliced
1 sweet pepper, deseeded and chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tsp paprika
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt to taste
150ml single cream
300ml natural yoghurt
30ml tomato puree
Handful of coriander
- To make the marinade, mix together all spices, natural yoghurt and tomato puree and coat the uncooked turkey in the marinade. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- Thread the turkey onto skewers, leaving gaps to ensure the meat cooks evenly. Grill under a medium heat, turning regularly until cooked through.
- Heat the butter or ghee in a large frying pan and cook the onions and garlic until soft and translucent. Add the pepper and fry until softened.
- Add the lemon juice before adding 100ml of water and the single cream.
- Add in the cooked turkey and ground almonds and cook for a further 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with fresh coriander and your choice of basmati rice, poppadoms, flatbreads and mango chutney.