It’s cold, it’s February, it’s most definitely time to indulge in a steaming bowl of thick and utterly dreamy rice pudding. Like your Granny used to make, but, dare we say it, possibly even better.
Using our beyond beautiful organic Jersey milk and cream, this is an unbeatable treat. We promise it’s worth the wait.
Cooking time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 10g organic Jersey butter
- 100g short grain pudding rice
- 450ml organic Jersey whole milk
- 284ml organic Jersey double cream
- 100g organic Jersey clotted cream
- 1 vanilla pod, split (or a few drops of vanilla essence)
- 40g golden caster sugar
- a little grated nutmeg
- a little ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Use the butter to grease the inside of a shallow pie dish.
- Rinse the rice under cold water and drain.
- Pour the milk, double cream and vanilla into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the rice, clotted cream and sugar and give it a good stir.
- Tip into the buttered pie dish, and if you’re feeling extra naughty dollop a few extras blobs of clotted cream onto the top. Sprinkle with nutmeg and a little cinnamon and get it in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to around 160°C/fan 140°C/Gas Mark 3 and cook for a further hour until golden on top and tender and thick inside.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm or hot, with your choice of thick fruity jam.