We used a chunky piece of wild cod, however they work really well with pollack, haddock and hake too.
To make the breadcrumbs, simply pop a few slices of slightly dry white bread into a food processor and blitz to crumbs. Do this in a batch and pop into a bag to keep in the freezer for whenever you need!
Cooking time: 20 minutes plus 5 minutes prep
340g wild cod or other white fish
1 tbsp olive oil
1 organic egg
100g white breadcrumbs
Salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C/Gas mark 6.
- Cut the fish into strips, probably around 12. You might need an adult with a sharp knife to help with this.
- Grease a baking sheet with a little olive oil to stop the fish sticking when it cooks.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and tip the breadcrumbs onto a plate.
- Dip each strip of fish into the beaten egg so it’s coated all over and then dip into the breadcrumbs so covered completely.
- Place each crumbed piece of fish to the baking sheet and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with homemade sweet potato chips and peas. And ketchup, of course!