Captain of the Eversfield ship, Mark, gives his favourite take on our new wild cod fillets. Simple, fresh and quick to get from fridge to table for a delicious weeknight supper.
Cooking time: 20 minutes plus 5 minutes prep
- 1 pack (2 portion) Eversfield Wild Cod
- 50g butter
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 romano peper, chopped
- 4 asparagus tips
- 8-10 new potatoes
- 1 lemon, cut into slices or wedges
- 1 small glass of white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 10g fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas Mark 4
- In a roasting tray pop a two small dollops of butter and place a cod fillet on each. Add another small knob of butter on the top of each and add the chopped leeks, peppers and asparagus to the tray.
- Pour the white wine into the tray with half the lemon and a little seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes when the fish should be just cooked – still soft and moist – and the veg tender.
- Meanwhile, add the new potatoes to a pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- Serve the new potatoes tossed with a little butter, lemon juice and the chopped parsley, alongside the fish, vegetables and the juice from the roasting tray.