Why not give this alternative savoury pancake supper a whirl? You can always justify crepes with lemon and sugar for pud after these – for the best of both worlds!
Cooking time: 50 minutes (plus 15 minutes for cooking pancakes)
For the filling:
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g organic ricotta
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g chopped tomatoes or passata
- 70g sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of dried herbs – basil, oregano and mixed herbs all work well
- 8 crepes (without added sugar)
- 100g organic feta
- 50g organic parmesan
- Prepare your crepes, without the added sugar, following our recipe here.
- Heat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6.
- Make the tomato sauce – fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil until softened. Add the sundried tomatoes, passata and herbs and simmer while you prepare the filling.
- Prepare the filling – fry the onion and garlic in a splash of olive until softened then add the spinach until wilted. Remove from the heat before adding the lemon zest and ricotta and season well.
- Spoon the filling between the 8 crepes and roll each into a tube. Lay the rolled crepes side by side in a rectangular baking dish and pour over the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with feta and parmesan and pop into the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisped and golden.
- Serve with green veg or a fresh salad and dig in!