Our fresh scallops are sweet, plump and quite frankly delicious, so they need very little interfering to produce a great plate. This recipe is a great no-fuss starter perfect for a special occasion or dressed-to-impress dinner.
Cooking time: 7 minutes plus 5 minutes prep
6 wild scallops, in shells
1 lemon, zested
Small bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
A little salt & pepper
20g white breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas mark 6.
- Ensure the scallops and shells are clean and free from grit, rinse with a little cold water if needs be.
- Arrange the scallops in shells onto a shallow baking tray. Add a small knob of butter on top of each scallop, sprinkle a little lemon zest and parsley and then top with breadcrumbs.
- Pop the tray of scallops into the hot oven for 6-7 minutes when the scallops should be just cooked and hot through and the breadcrumbs golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately in the shells with a small wedge of lemon for extra zing.