As a child, this was Anna’s favourite thing to cook for her little brother, Hamish. We hear she still makes a mean carbonara, though her newest recipe is a closely guarded secret!
Cooking time: 20 minutes plus 5 minutes prep
100g bacon bits
75ml double cream
1 organic egg
50g mature cheddar
Ground black pepper
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the spaghetti. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or to the pack’s instructions.
- Meanwhile in a small frying pan, fry the bacon bits until crispy and golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the egg with the double cream, cheese and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and tip it back into the hot saucepan.
- Pour the egg mix and bacon over the pasta and stir until the sauce has thickened into a sauce.
- Serve into two bowls and dig in (with extra cheese on top!)