Nutritious and warming, this stew is a great use of Ossa's organic bone broth to soothe and heal.
Cooking time: 2 ½ hours plus 15 minutes prep
1Kg of grass fed Ox tail
500g of Ossa Bone Broth (1 pouch)
2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 cloves of organic garlic, sliced
2 organic red onions, roughly chopped
1 cup of red wine
4 bay leaves, half a cup of parsley
4 organic carrots, cut in equal chunks
Two sprigs of rosemary, two sprigs of thyme
3 organic sweet potatoes, cut into rough chunks
- Lightly salt and pepper the ox tail and brown the meat on all sides in a oven pot with tallow or grass fed butter over high heat. Add the rosemary and thyme near the end of this process while heat is still high.
- Add wine to deglaze the put and keep heat high for 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Add the garlic, onions, sweet potatoes. Add the apple cider and fish sauce followed by The Bone Broth and the bay leaves. Top up the pot to near the top with filter water.
- Place in oven at 170 degrees for 1.5 hours. Reduce heat to 100 degrees for four hours and then reduce heat again to 70 degrees until meat falls off bone.
- Thirty minutes before serving add the mangetout.
- Five minutes before serving add the parsley.