Our organic Norfolk Black turkeys live just down the lane from Eversfield Organic, and boy do they lead a happy life. Reared by the wonderful and dedicated, Rosie, these slow-growing birds are free to fly, perch and potter around the stunning surrounding fields.
They love early mornings and are always eager to get out and about – unfortunately unlike chickens, turkeys don’t bring themselves in to roost so they are very naughty when it comes to bedtime!
Rosie’s turkeys enjoy a wholesome organic diet from cereals grown on the farm, although their favourite treats are foraged – acorns, stinging nettles, docks, windfall apples and blackberries.
Rosie is one of the very few registered organic producers in the UK to be breeding and hatching her own Christmas turkeys. We think you can really taste the quality with these turkeys, a sure winner for your festive table.
A delicious fresh home grown organic turkey- free to roam and forage around in luscious fields.
Check the exact weight of your organic turkey to decide on the cooking time. We recommend serving roughly 200g of meat per person. Of course this can differ depending on hungry appetites and whether you fancy having some delicious leftovers!
Time (hrs’ mins)
- When you receive your turkey, remove giblets and store both bird and giblets in the fridge.
- Use your choice of oranges, apples, garlic and peeled onions to stuff your turkey.
- Preheat your oven for at least 20 minutes to 220°C/200°C Fan/425°F/Gas mark 7.
- Rub the skin of the turkey generously with sea salt, black pepper and organic butter and place breast side down in large roasting tin and cover with foil.
- Cook your turkey for 40 minutes before lowering the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking time and turn the bird carefully to brown the breast if you wish.
- Rest the bird for at least 30 minutes before carving.