Our Bronze turkeys are slow-grown and carefully reared on the Malseed family farm on lush Dartmoor pasture.
The turkeys are reared using traditional farming methods and are allowed to mature slowly over several months. They are fed on a healthy diet consisting of organic cereals and natural ingredients with no additives or growth promoters, then finished on local oats to provide an excellent taste and marbling. They even drink Dartmoor spring water!
Our organic turkeys are clever birds and need a lot of entertainment so are kept busy with toys to play with, as well as lots of pasture to stretch their legs and enjoy the fresh Devonshire air.
A delicious fresh home grown organic turkey- free to roam and forage around in luscious fields.
Check the exact weight of your organic turkey to decide on the cooking time. We recommend serving roughly 200g of meat per person. Of course this can differ depending on hungry appetites and whether you fancy having some delicious leftovers!
Time (hrs’ mins)
- When you receive your turkey, remove giblets and store both bird and giblets in the fridge.
- Use your choice of oranges, apples, garlic and peeled onions to stuff your turkey.
- Preheat your oven for at least 20 minutes to 220°C/200°C Fan/425°F/Gas mark 7.
- Rub the skin of the turkey generously with sea salt, black pepper and organic butter and place breast side down in large roasting tin and cover with foil.
- Cook your turkey for 40 minutes before lowering the oven temperature to 180°C/160°C fan/375°F/Gas mark 5.
- Remove the foil for the last 30 minutes of cooking time and turn the bird carefully to brown the breast if you wish.
- Rest the bird for at least 30 minutes before carving.